The changing seasons are bringing big changes to our appetites with fall vegetables, soups, and themed items popping up in the city’s best restaurants. Here are just a few of our must-order items:
1. Pumpkin cupcakes are the first on our list. Our favorites are located at Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery in the Lower East Side. Their simple pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting is addicting and will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but carve into your pumpkin craving. If you’re not a cupcake person we recommend the pumpkin pie.
2. Time Out Magazine calls Jack’s Wife Freda’s Matzo ball soup “a liquid hug from Grandma” and we totally agree. Having ordered this just last week, we can’t get enough of the billowy, big matzo ball and tasty homemade broth. This dish is the perfect example of comfort food made for colder weather.
3. If you’re on the lookout for a delectable dinner in a cozy atmosphere, try Bodega Negra located in our very own Dream Downtown. Yes, we may be a little partial but the Quesadilla Rustica and Grilled Corn Salad have our hearts. Check it out and then if you’re looking to shop, check out our list of must-see fall shopping stops in the area.
Source: Bodega Negra
4. Take your late night eating to a new level by stopping by our favorite ramen place in the city, Takashi. Only available Fridays and Saturday at midnight and 1 am, this is the ramen that dreams are made of. Pro tip: Make a reservation!
5. There’s nothing more American than apple pie! If you’re looking to get the best around then don’t miss out on Little Pie Company’s Old Fashioned Apple Pie. It’s baked with Golden Delicious apples and spices. We prefer ours with a side of vanilla ice cream. The best part? You don’t have to live in NYC to get a taste—they deliver nationwide!
6. We can’t get through this list without mentioning Sadelle’s. Whether you’re in the mood for breakfast, brunch or you’re just looking to grab a bagel, this is the place. This bakery/restaurant is from the masterminds of Major Food Group (the guys behind Dirty French, Carbone & Santina) and so you know the food will be delicious.
7. Are you looking for that perfect fall cocktail? Head over to Employees Only for their Ginger Smash; ginger and cranberries are muddled with apple liqueur and wet gin in this tasty fall cocktail we can’t get enough of.